sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server: Login timeout expired
The full error can be seen in the screenshot below :
The issue is caused by something to do with the value that is returned by default in the configured Named pipes. Firstly,
– Open SQL Server Configuration Manager
– Branch out SQL Server Network Configuration
– Click on the Protocols for your instance.
– In the right-hand pane, right-click on Named pipes and then click properties.
– Change the value in the field Pipe Name to
Click ok. Then restart the SQL Instance. You should now be able to connect to the instance.